Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Test Drives and Sex Drives







"You have to take test drives before you buy a car.”
a.k.a.
“You need to have sex before marriage” (some think a little, some think a lot, some think a whole lot.) This is in order to “make sure” it will be “good” the rest of your life. They may also think the “experience” will help them in bed with their future spouse. 


To dispel these lies, I want to start by saying that there is absolutely no way you will be able to tell, no matter how many times you have sex (with whomever) how “good” it will be in the future. The act(s) will not give you any determining factors for that, unless you are thinking of something in the ballpark of physical appearance, and guess what – that changes, too. Not one, nor can any number of sexual experiences in any way hold information as to what future experiences will be like. There are far too many determining factors. For these same reasons, no amount of “experience” is going to help you with your future Mr. or Mrs…a basic sex-ed class will do (you just need to know how things work.) 


In addition, there are a slew of vital details that one must take into consideration before saying, "I literally want to see you every day for the rest of my life. I want to breathe the same air, eat the same food and share the same bed, and, oh yea, everything else." 



If the person is right, the sex will be, too.

I committed enough sexual sin before my marriage to know that it is NOT something I want my daughter to partake in. I want her to know that after my choices (all of which resulting in some form of negativity, high-emotion and/or high-stress situations, and much more that was all, ultimately, pointless.) But, not. Because now I can tell her boldly and with certainty what her mother advises her to do, with sound reasoning. I want her to know that waiting for your husband is wise, healthy, and loving (towards him, though you may not know him yet)


So back to the car. Do you want one with a lot of miles on it? Get zero if you could…wouldn’t you?


If you could ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings! Thanks for commenting - if you'd prefer to contact me privately please see the form on the right side of the page.

Peace and Blessings.